Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time

Hi Ya! I am looking to build up a great range of circle time activities! Ive used passing a smile around the circle, introducing ourselves, telling a story but want some more- any offers greatly received- Ta!!! :D

I have a couple of puppets that demonstrate inappropriate and appropriate behaviour the kids named them naughty simon the caterpillar and leo the lion who is always scared and buzzy bee who is very energetic, we talk to them, they use them in stories and also hold them as a circle time toy.

We also use pass the pebble and pass the bag and the bag will have different contents and we sing a song to go with it (which is escaping me at the mo!!)

Hope that helps!

Hi Amy -

Have you looked at the Circle Time article we recently published? It's not really intended for specific activities, but has a few. In fact there's a really old one, also available in the 'Articles' area with other activity ideas - I think that one recommends a book on Circle Time as well.

Hope they help! :)

We love saying our favourite foods, favourite places and places we'd like to go if we could (as varied as Blackpool, the moon and the roof).

We did a special circle time each week last term where we had 2 'special people' who sat on chairs. The small group asked them questions,(with a lot of support to think of them at first). At the end of the circle time we thoght of nice things to say about the special people and gave them a clap. This was very popular and benefitted speaking and listening as well as boosting self esteem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)