Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toddling In The Sun

We did our Barnardo's toddle today. The sun shone, and as we did it early in the morning it wasn't too warm. We had a lovely time and after we had toddled we all went back for snack and some of the parents and carers came back for tea and coffee.

When I talked to the children before we went out about why we were doing the toddle, collecting pennies for children who do not have much money. A.C. said " I don't have much money Mrs McDowell" "I don't have any money" said A.W. "Well I will give any money I get to A.W." said A.C.!! Talk about out of the mouths of babes!! One little boy wanted to know while we were toddling where the money was that we were supposed to be collecting!!! It makes you realise that you really need to explain things very clearly to this age group because they take you so literally!!! :D

I don't know how much we have raised yet but we certainly enjoyed the morning!

Linda

When I talked to the children before we went out about why we were doing the toddle, collecting pennies for children who do not have much money. A.C. said " I don't have much money Mrs McDowell" "I don't have any money" said A.W. "Well I will give any money I get to A.W." said A.C.!! Talk about out of the mouths of babes!! One little boy wanted to know while we were toddling where the money was that we were supposed to be collecting!!! It makes you realise that you really need to explain things very clearly to this age group because they take you so literally!!! :D

Linda, this really made me smile. :D Children are very literal and as adults its easy to forget. Glad you had a good day for it though. As usual it's raining here......................... xD:o

Our Toddle was last Friday. We had a pyjama day, too, so there was very much a party atmosphere!

But the best thing was (for me, anyway) I TODDLED COMPLETELY UNAIDED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 9 MONTHS !!!!!!! :D:D:o:D:D For the uninitiated, I have recently had a hip replacement revision, driving everyone mad during my recuperation. Is it now nearly over?? xD

Sue :D

Sue,

Great to hear you're toddling again!! :(:( Whenever I hear about pyjamas it makes me think about a song we used to sing at guides: -

I wear my pink pyjamas in the summer when it's hot

I wear my flannel nightie in the winter when it's not

But sometimes in the springtime

And sometimes in the fall

I jump into my little bed with nothing on at all!

That's the time you ought to see me

When I jump into my little bed with nothing on at all. :D:oxD