Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies

Hi im having a nightmare sorting out my polices, I used the ones i wrote for the pre-school i ran a couple of years ago but just changed some of the wording,but a childminder i know well and who has achieved outstanding thinks they are long winded and to involved. All i have done is put the policy and any procedures on the same piece of paper plus added phone numbers etc.. complaint as well as safeguarding children numbers as well as ofsted.

But isnt that what im meant to do?

Another example is the behaviour policey i have added how i deal with situations isnt that what parents want to see?

any tips????

Hi Ray, your policies sound okay to me.....

Policy statement and procedures on the same paper is pretty standard I think and doesn't sound long-winded however have you got an example for us to look at and we can give you some constructive feedback on them.

My Equal Op's policy is 2 sides long lol so perhaps one might say that is long-winded lol :o

Ray, I honestly can't see why the other Childminder has said your Policy is long winded and too involved - I certainly don't agree.

I think when you have many years experience in child care settings it's inevitable that your wealth of experience will be reflected in your Policies and Procedures.

When I first started my P&P's were very short and didn't really tell the parents anything....over the years I must admit they have grown !

It's great being able to share Policies with fellow practitioners as it helps us reflect on our own Policies......after reading yours I'll certainly be reviewing mine, I'm probably a bit guilty of waffling on my Complaints and Concerns.

thank you thats a releif i thought id gone on lol

and thank you for sharing yours too! they also reflect the experience you have had.

I guess i got worried as after seeing polices that were graded outstanding but only had a few lines for each policy and no procedures or numbers i got a little worried !!!! Dont get me wrong the person is lovely and a good mentor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)