Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict Foundation Stage

Thank you fellow practitioners for all your support and words of encouragement

Could I pick your brains (few ideas) on innovative ways of applying ICT in foundation stage to entice children who are not effectively accessing this area. Impact for practitioners (links with EYFS) etc

Could you guys recommend any book or resources as I would like to compile and action plan (linked to ICT (KUW) as an area of improvement within my setting.

I would value your support please.

Its worth remembering ICT can be incorporated in a large number of areas in the setting. It is always worht exploring how to use it in several areas..other than with computer.

Many on the forum recommend the Little book series.. perhaps this one may be of help

Little book of ICT

Inge

Oh and these too:

http://www.semerc.com/inclusion_in_action/...early_years.asp

http://www.staff.ucsm.ac.uk/rpotter/ict/ea...early-years.htm

And a book:

Supporting ICT in the Early Years (Supporting Early Learning) (Paperback)

by John Siraj-Blatchford (Author), David Whitebread (Author)

Book Description

The primary aim of this new volume in the Supporting Early Learning series is to help readers understand how very young children (from birth to six) develop an early awareness, and subsequently develop their knowledge, skills and understandings of information and communication technologies (ICTs). The rapid growth of ICT has prompted concerns among parents, educators and policy-makers over the suitability of many educational applications, and electronic toys, for young children. However, evidence is presented to show that the use of ICT by young children is compatible with the principles of a developmentally appropriate curriculum (DAC). In fact the authors argue that used imaginatively, many applications of ICT can make a significant and unique contribution to children's social and cognitive development.

The authors show how parents and other carers, teachers, and other professionals are already providing a rich learning environment in this area of experience.

If you go to this on Amazon it gives links to other books and resources at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

Books - Im doing this at the moment

A guide to developing the ICTcurriculum for early childhood education - Iram and John siraj-Blatchford

Primary ICT Jane shapr, John Potter, Jonathan Allen & Avril Loveless

ICT in the Earl Years Mary Hayes & David Whitebread

Oh and these too:

And a book:

Book Description

The primary aim of this new volume in the Supporting Early Learning series is to help readers understand how very young children (from birth to six) develop an early awareness, and subsequently develop their knowledge, skills and understandings of information and communication technologies (ICTs). The rapid growth of ICT has prompted concerns among parents, educators and policy-makers over the suitability of many educational applications, and electronic toys, for young children. However, evidence is presented to show that the use of ICT by young children is compatible with the principles of a developmentally appropriate curriculum (DAC). In fact the authors argue that used imaginatively, many applications of ICT can make a significant and unique contribution to children's social and cognitive development.

The authors show how parents and other carers, teachers, and other professionals are already providing a rich learning environment in this area of experience.

If you go to this on Amazon it gives links to other books and resources at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

Dear Weightman,

I am sorry I have not responded sooner. I was poorly (the dreaded flu) during the easter hols and I trying to catch up on a previous essay (as I managed to overwrite 3 weeks worth of work).

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to providing me useful links on and book lists. I have found the info very helpful indeed.

Hope you had a good easter.

Warmest regards

Ang

Its worth remembering ICT can be incorporated in a large number of areas in the setting. It is always worht exploring how to use it in several areas..other than with computer.

Many on the forum recommend the Little book series.. perhaps this one may be of help

Little book of ICT

Inge

• 3 weeks later...

Little book of ICT

Inge

Dear Inge,

Sorry I have not responded sooner.

Thank you for your quick response and the valuable info on ICT including web sites and book lists. I found it very helpful with my Uni project.

Many thanks and kind regards

Angie

You might find this a useful read too. :o

Hi Carol,

Thank you for promptly sending me web link. I found it very useful towards my ICT project.

I am sorry for not responding sooner.

Angie

Also this link

http://ngfl.northumberland.gov.uk/resources.html

and follow the links to ICT

Dear Weightman,

Thank for all the web links (I found it so useful with my research material for my ICT project. I even managed to find a another useful book to my list - ICT in early years by mary Hayes and David Whitehead.

Hope you are having a nice easter break. Unfortunately its more essays for me - on Parental Partnerships and case study essay on Target Child (with obs link to six areas of development) linking theories etc bla,bla,bla - so there's no rest for the wicked.

Take care.

Ang

Oh and these too:

And a book:

Book Description

Hope this helps.

Dear Weightman,

Thank you so very much taking the time and effort to provide me with all for all the fantastic information you have sent me. It has been a tremendous help to me whilst doing my project on ICT.

I am so sorry I have not responded sooner.

Hope you are well.

Warmest regards

Angie

Books - Im doing this at the moment

A guide to developing the ICTcurriculum for early childhood education - Iram and John siraj-Blatchford

Primary ICT Jane shapr, John Potter, Jonathan Allen & Avril Loveless

ICT in the Earl Years Mary Hayes & David Whitebread

Dear NannyMcphie,

Wow! what an impressive list of book lists suprisingly the Uni library did stock some of the books. I found the Mary Hayes et al book very helpful and useful (paticularly when listing theoritical propectives). Thank you ever so for all your help.

Sorry I did not respond sooner. I had a major PC crisis lost 3 1/2 weeks worth of work (So I had 2 essays to russle up in less than a week). Plus a I had the dreaded man flu (you know what I mean).

Hoping you are having a restful easter break.

Angie

hiya

not that good on this site to add links on but if you look under ICT on main headings there are fab links which have excellent info including EYFS

hope this makes sense

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...hp?showforum=26

:o

Dear Saki,

Thank you for your hand tips. I did find some useful information (real gems) whilst checking out EYFS ICT sites as per your recommendation.

Angie

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)