Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual Learnign Plans

Hi all - this is a first time for me.

I need help. I am looking to develop staff to putting together individual learning plans for the children in Pre School, but whatever I do - they seem to find a bit difficult - does anyone have any ideas - resource sites I can use? Easy way of doing this? Thanks all

Welcome to the Forum, Santina!

Try doing a forum search (there's a rectangular box to the top right of the screen). I know there was lots of conversation about planning for indidivual children etc fairly recently!

Maz

when I attended eyfs training there was talk of PLODs for each child,

Possible

Lines

Of

Development

working with the parents to find out each child's interests etc...

but again, think this has been mentioned before

Essc x

Guest Wolfie

There are a lot of planning resources on the EYFS CD-ROM if you've got a copy handy - with lots of ideas about planning for the individual child.

Hi, welcome Santina,

I know you were after help with Learning Journeys, but it was your comment about staff finding it difficult that struck me. I have just had a very negative day with members of staff evaluating their roles eg. "This development matter not achieved at this activity today." No suggestions as to why, how to improve it tomorrow, or what they did achieve

Keep going back to our plans, staff deployment, etc to try to make it all more flexible but get the feeling that it's them who need to put more effort into their jobs.

Good luck with the learning journeys - the few we have done so far are brilliant - we start with a photo or series of photos of the child involved in an activity, then stick them onto an A4 sheet of paper with arrows leading to a variety of development matters the child is achieving. We then highlight these on a "checklist" (for our own use, not for parents), and this provides a clear picture of how the child is progressing, and their next steps!

Just need the staff to get so excited about it!

Have a look on the EYFS CD-ROM - not easy to find but try this...

Click on enabling environments, then click on observation and planning, then down the right hand side of the screen search for documents entitled something like nursery planning for 3/4 years olds - there are two that I am thinking of. In one of them there is a diagram with the child names in the middle, pointing to the 6 areas for development, somewhere to note their interests, any patterns of behaviour noticed, any input from home. There are also examples of how they could be completed. Hope that's some help.

Hi Deb and thanks for the guide to the EYFS cdr. Its very useful as there's so much on one cdr that its really easy to miss the more useful bits. Its good to share!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)