Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sensory Tray

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some ideas of things i can put in our sensory tray!

We have something different in there everyday and i was hoping to get some new ideas!

We have used feathers, jelly, balls, spagetti, pasta both cooked and raw, treasure box items!....

can anyone think of anything else! The children who use the teays are from 12 months up to 2 years 4 months!

thank you for reading this post

Small pieces of really wet clay sitting in puddles of water. Playdough + beads together, so that the children can push the beads into it. We've used that really pretty gravel you can get from pet shops to put in fish tanks...great colours! And finally, the polystyrene-like packing stuff which looks like little sausages; someone said it's edible (like rice paper) but I wouldn't recommend it!

Do you have a recycling centre near you? We've had some interesting materials from ours in the past, including thousands of pearls from broken necklaces, little plastic hoops, and corks.

• 10 months later...

Some great ideas here. We already use some of them but others like angel delight I'd never have thought of. Other ones we have used are hair gel.. just a cheap value pot from supermarket, seeds, compost (cleaner than mud from outside and the parents were really supportive providing us with small plastic plant pots and other small gardning equipment. Confetti and odd socks. Socks are great as they come in different sizes, colours, patterns and you'd be surprised at the different textures. They can pull and stretch and are great fun to put on hands and try on feet. Also amazing how many children can put on socks when they are not their own! :o

:D

Children of this age really like exploring and finding. Why not just bury some of their favourite toys in shreaded paper and let them find them! No need to worry about small peices etc then. And it wount cost you anything either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)