Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef

Hi

last time i did the self evaluation form i am sure i got a template of the ofsted website. now unless i am being blind i can't find one.

does anyone know if there is a specific form to use or can settings create their own?

dawn

Hi Shiny

Is your link to the Ofsted SEF the new style form - which I have heard Ofsted were creating ready for the EYFS inspections? or is it an existing format for use prior to Sept 2008?

Hi Shiny

Is your link to the Ofsted SEF the new style form - which I have heard Ofsted were creating ready for the EYFS inspections? or is it an existing format for use prior to Sept 2008?

Not sure, it is very different from the one sheet we used before. Googled ofsted SEF and it came up? Will look into it.

Have looked and this is for schools. So don't use the link if you are preschool/nursery sorry!!

Thanks Peggy,

that's really useful... in the sections where you have a,b,c etc and then a statement/question do you answer that indicidually or just overal say how your provision is good at helping children to be healthy, stay safe etc...

Dawn, try this one I put in the resource library, you can find it HERE - 4th resource down

I also produced one for my preschool in excel format, see attached.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy,

that's really useful... in the sections where you have a,b,c etc and then a statement/question do you answer that indicidually or just overal say how your provision is good at helping children to be healthy, stay safe etc...

Good question Dawn, complete a statement in each section / for criteria (a,b,c,), the first time you complete one it will be quite comprehensive, ie staying safe, policy, staff training, CRB, references etc. Then at the end the section on criteria to improve, circle a,b,c ,etc then write planned improvements- then next time you fill one in ( every term maybe) you only comment on planned improvements, si in effect the SEF becomes a 'working document' of what you do now and action plans.

File in cronological order then the Inspector can see what improvements you've made, when identified and timescale of action taken.

Hope that helps :o

Peggy