Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Magnetic Letters

Hi all

Hope maybe someone can help. We're currently doing letters and sounds and want to play full circle in phase 3 - does anyone know where can we get hold of magnetic letters that come as a unit for the graphemes sh ch th ee ai etc that don't cost a fortune as we need to have a least 10 sets so children can work in pairs - other than that has anyone tackled this in another way - my only alternative is to sit and glue the letters together - something I 'm not sure I fancy doing but I suppose it wouldn't take that long ! :o

Thanks

We either use laminated cards or recently we held a sponsored event to buy the Jolly phonics one from ELC.... they're great as long as you don't lose any of them!

A company called Smart Kids - sell phase 3 magnetic letters - we just got ours today - not sure of cost- they include ai, ee etc - you might have to see if you could share the cost with your year 1 colleagues since they also include digraphs like a_e and scr - but they are great. Smart Kids also do cursive magnetic letters suitable for phase 2 - these are so much better than the standard magnetic letters - the a - actually looks like a nelson handwriting a, and the d like a d - and the u and n are definitely different

Good luck

Jane

Why not use laminated letter cards? or do some salt dough baking and make them that way?!!!

Sparklebox have some new letters and sounds resources, I notice.

I agree with Jane. I got a set of large letters from smart kids which are fab. They have all the letter/phonems introduced in phases 2 and 3. They were £30. I am now looking at presuading my head I need the individual ones as well- although for a class of 32 I think that works out expensive- even if they do share 1 between 2!

the ones we use are from read write inc. there are one or two not included such as the double f and l so we have laminated these and attched magnetic strip to the back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)