Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lunch Break

Hi all, I posted a topic ages ago regarding lunch breaks....we had 15 minutes a day at the time :( ....we now get that PLUS a 30 min lunch break! :o Yipeee.!!... The inspectors picked up on the fact we weren't having enough breaks! Any of you out there who do not get a break - whatever you do then go to either a) ACAS or xD your union, they can advise you. :D:D:D

Guest valletta

hi,

we try to have a half hour lunch break as we do full day on wed and fri's but this still does not seem to work

we either end up eating on the run - so to speak or have not time to go out to the shops.

do you have 30min away from the children - how do you arrange the staff around this, is it on a rota?

do you separate the 2 and a half from the three/four year olds at lunch time or what

thanks

At last I thought I had found the answer to my question"How long do children have to be off the premises if they have 2 nursery sessions in the same day". The inspector phoned me the other day as I am re-registering in different premises and I asked her. She inquired and told me 30 minutes. When this came up in conversation with my early years advisor she told me 1 hour. She phoned Ofsted and was told 1 hour by one person,30 minutes by another. My early years officer says Ofsted have to be consistent in every issue but I have told her that they aren't normally consistent in things and I am going to take the advice of the inspector that will be registering me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)