Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Need Help! Nvq 4 Ccld ~ K4s794

Lucy P

Hi everyone, having a bit of a moment here!

I have been getting on nicely today with one of the units and all of a sudden have got completely stuck!!

I wondered if anyone could give me any pointers on the following question:

Understanding what increases a child's vulnerability to abuse and exploitation and the importance of empowerment, confidence and resilience for a child's welfare. Recognition of social factors e.g. substance abuse, and the possible behaviours of adults involved in abuse.

Many thanks in advance :o

• 1 month later...

Hi Lucy. I can't believe it. I have just finished writing about this very knowledge statement. I wrote about the different factors that can contribute to child abuse and the importance of a pratitioner been aware of these factors. I wrote about What empowerment means and how we can empower a child, or children in our practices. I wrote that a greater undrestanding of the factors will help pratitioners identify and intevene appropriate if they suspect a child in any of the situations.

Also that confidence and self worth are two very important emotions you can teach a child and how praising and complimenting a child, and allowing them to make choices and then helping them to understand how their choices have influnced things, can build on their confidence and self worth, fueling their desire to be better and better. This confidence will give a child the courage and empower them. Children who are empowered think for themselves and understand the consequences of their actions I also wrote about resilience - The ability to bounce back. Building relilience is done by nurturing the external and internal experiences available for them. Key places where the child learns resilience are in the home and the early years environment By providing a safe environment, teaching a child to communicate, building trust and valuing a child, allowing the child to make decisions and mistakes, being a good role model, being consistent, supportive, and enthusiatic, this is encouraging them not to hang onto things that are stressful or upset them, which enables tham to move on. Vulnerable children are less able to cope with problems they face in their life if they have little resilience, whereas resilient children are more likely to cope and bounce back, I hope this helps. regards Debbie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)