Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welcome Pack

My setting is in the process of producing a welcome pack for parents. (it eventually got to the top of the very long list of 'must do's' for my setting which is fairly new, the setting that is, not the list :o ).

Of course some of the details will be individual to my setting, but would anyone please share with me their contents page in case i miss anything out. It's been a long time coming, so I want to make it as user friendly and useful as possible.

any other tips and recommendations for involving parents/carers/families/community would be very, very welcome.

thanks in anticipation.

Sam X

Guest heleng

We don't have a welcome pack as such. We hold a new parents meeting and talk through expectations, timings etc. We arrange a home visit for the nursery children and an induction morning visit and an induction morning and parent- child lunch for Reception children. Then we give them all a prospectus (Nursery or main school) and wait for questions.

Doesn't really help you as most of ours is verbal, but didn't want to read and run :o

Helen

Helen

Thanks for your reply even though you don't have a welcome pack either. We currently do a similar thing as you and have a settling come induction day for parent and child and they have access to our policies and procedures. However, just lately a few issues have highlighted the need for us to lay down expectations before children start.

Thanks again for your response.

Sam

Guest Wolfie

Have you tried doing a forum search? I'm sure that this topic has been discussed before and you might find something useful there?

Have you thought about asking current parents if there is anything they wished they'd known at the start? They might help to flag up areas you could include a well as things you would like them to be aware of. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)