Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Emotional Security Of Babies

Hi guys, as part of my Diploma in Pre-school Practise I have to write 500 words on providing an enviroment to promote the emotional security of babies. I have not worked with babies before and wondered if anyone had any good ideas.

Many thanks

Sal

Try this link HERE

and this HERE

I would also research the role of the keyworker, the importance of working in partnership with parent.

Good luck

Peggy

Guest Wolfie

If you've got a copy of the EYFS framework, there is an article about attachment theory on the CD Rom that might be useful. Also, as Peggy says anything about the key person approach - Peter Elfer is the author of a very good book on that.

Edited by Wolfie

Have you tried looking at attachment theory,

the work of John Bowlby, Robertson and Robertson and 'the strange situation'- think that is by Mary Ainsworth, if you need some theory ......

Essc

Not having read Bowlby in any great depth, this could be wrong, but it was once suggested to me that his work was Government lead to get women to go back into the home after the 2nd world war so that returning troops would have jobs. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)