Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Saw This And Thought It Was Worth Sharing.....

http://www.simpletruths.com/dash/index.html

Someone sent me this and I found it very moving and thought provoking. Yes, you can tell its american but nevertheless...........

Let me know what you think.

It wasn't as schmaltzy as I feared, but it does what it says on the tin: offers a simple truth that we can all aspire to.

The bit about wearing a smile more often really struck home: I went to the pub yesterday with my friend/colleague and her mum and at one point in the conversation her mum reached across the table and gently eased the frown from my forehead with her finger tips. So I think I can definitely say I need to smile more :o

Thanks for sharing - perhaps I should type up the text and use it as a daily reminder and hopefully my dash will be calmer and more meaningful....

Maz

Thanks LJW,

it is important to look at the big picture, it is very thought provoking.

We spend so much time rushing around doing what is considered important we often forget to do what should be important.

Always spend time letting those you love know what you feel as there may not be another oppotunity, enjoy life, that is what it was intended for, the saying "we work to live, we don't live to work" needs to be remembered a bit more often in society, then we may have happier people in the world.

Enjoy yourselves, love life. :o

Sal

what beautiful words after loosing my cousin last week and sitting watching Emmerdale and the funeral, I'm having to write through the tears.

As they have just said on the tele cherish your family every minute of the day, and enjoy every day as though it was the last.

Steph

I think the bit about slowing down is very true - nowadays we all seem to be going somewhere too fast and not appreciating the journey (god, I'm sounding American :o )

I guess we can apply this to early years too, thinking about it - there is too much focus on getting the children to the 'end goal' too soon and not noticing the little bits of things they do.

It's more real now that I've got Eva as I appreciate every little moment and she comes first and things like housework have to take second place - fortunately hubby appreciates this and doesn't expect his tea on the table when he walks in from work xD

Thanks LJW, I must admit my pace has slowed down since closing my preschool and I am finding more time with family. I too will try and smile more often. :oxD

It is strange that it takes something like this to remind us of how precious our time is ( and things like the health scare I had in the summer-final results -benign- arrived this morning :( ).

I think also as the sun begins to shine after the dark winter we will all, with thoughts of the film, be more uplifted and appreciative of what we have.

Thanks for sharing. :(

Peggy

That's very inspirational LJW, and really shows it is the little things we do that make all the difference.

Now, if I still had my preschool I wonder what ideas I would have to 'do something special' like that every day. (over and above all the special things we do at work every day :o )

and yes, although a long wait for my results, it was worth it, thanks xD

Peggy

That was lovely. Thank you.

I've been SO tired recently and find that I magically manage to keep smiling at school but then my family bear the brunt of my tiredness at home! So it really made me stop and think! For the rest of the weekend my family can have the smiley me!!!