Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Breast Feeding - Complaint.

summed up very well in two sentences, nobel prize for devils advocate AND consiceness ( I get one for making up new words :o )

Peggy

Hi! I'm the one who started all this - and I really wish I could print out all your comments and place them on our parent information table so some of the less understanding in our communty could see just how strong others feelings on the subject are! However, I feel the breast-feeding mother would perhaps not be best pleased to find out that the length and breadth of the country have been discussing her anatomy!

As regards the two ladies who complained, I wrote short letters to each of them, explaining that after researching the subject, and considering everybody's "rights" the pre-school fully supported the mother to breastfeed at pre-school.

I spoke to the mother concerned so she was aware of the "complaints" and she offered to speak to them face to face. I included this fact in the letters to the complainants, and guess what - I've not heard a dickey-bird from either one of them.

Last week the parents held a Forum meeting, and I actively promoted the occasion to the complainants as an opportunity to come and discuss any aspect of pre-school.

One didn't seem to hear, and the other said that whilst her child was at pre-school, she took the opportunity to rest.

Many, many thanks for all your suggestions and advice on how to deal with this situation.

summed up very well in two sentences, nobel prize for devils advocate AND consiceness ( I get one for making up new words xD )

Gosh :o Are you saying I was concise Peggy? I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, after all! :(

Maz

Gosh :o Are you saying I was concise Peggy? I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, after all! xD

Maz

Yes, and you spelt it right, needless to say I won't get any prizes for spelling either. :(

Peggy

Hi! I'm the one who started all this - and I really wish I could print out all your comments and place them on our parent information table so some of the less understanding in our communty could see just how strong others feelings on the subject are! However, I feel the breast-feeding mother would perhaps not be best pleased to find out that the length and breadth of the country have been discussing her anatomy!

As regards the two ladies who complained, I wrote short letters to each of them, explaining that after researching the subject, and considering everybody's "rights" the pre-school fully supported the mother to breastfeed at pre-school.

I spoke to the mother concerned so she was aware of the "complaints" and she offered to speak to them face to face. I included this fact in the letters to the complainants, and guess what - I've not heard a dickey-bird from either one of them.

Last week the parents held a Forum meeting, and I actively promoted the occasion to the complainants as an opportunity to come and discuss any aspect of pre-school.

One didn't seem to hear, and the other said that whilst her child was at pre-school, she took the opportunity to rest.

Many, many thanks for all your suggestions and advice on how to deal with this situation.

Hi Di.s,

Interesting to see how some people respond (or not) when their views are challenged in a 'constructive' way. Thanks for starting the 'debate' it's been really interesting to participate in.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)