Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding From April

Deb

hi Deb

We aare going from £8.25 to £8.46 in Poole which for those of you that don't know Poole is a town in Dorset the same as Bournemouth and they are unitary bodies within Dorset. So you could be on one side of the road in Dorset and get £8.42 for your child or on the other side of the road and get £8.46 for a child. bournemouth is on the otherside of Poole and usually are slightly less than Poole.

A ridiculous situation, especially when it has taken years for the 3 bodies to try and get together. they still try but not totally.

I'll have to move 3 miles down the road Deb to get the extra

Steph

We are increasing from £3.40 per hour to £3.47 per hour. However we will also be increasing from 2.5hrs to 3 hrs per session. :o

Quite a difference isn't there LJW.

Brenda - at £8.65 for 2.5 hours our grant will equate to £3.46 per hour - so not far out!

Steph - having the different authorities within Dorset does cause a few problems doesn't it. My children's senior school now falls within Poole unitary authority but it has always been the catchment school for our area. Fortunately, the changes won't affect them.

I think Deb after the fiasco of a few years ago when they got half terms at different times, and it was a nightmare.

I have a meeting tonight of the Pre-school Network that we have set up. We now have a pre-school network and a nursery network. Each network then has 4 representatives that go forward to our Early Years Sub Group committee. 2 representatives from the Sub group goes to the School Forum and can vote on the amount we get in the way of funding. Don't think it will make much difference to the amount we get but at least we are getting our word in at the top.

We have yet to work out the formula which will be used to calculate the funding amount from next year. That is going to be fun, as we have alot of private groups in our area, and how we are going to make it fair to all will be a mine field.

the networks are working quite well as at least we all get together and discuss the needs of the groups. Often the authorities don't do things for a group if they think they are the only group with that problem.

Will let you all know if anything new occurs.

Steph

We don't know what ours is yet and probably won't find out until right near the change over.

I am still waiting for the second payment of this term's funding-well over a week late!

Linda

I think Deb after the fiasco of a few years ago when they got half terms at different times, and it was a nightmare.

Steph

I remember it well Steph! How my husband and I laughed over the additional headache of sorting out childcare for the extra week.....

Good luck with the funding issue, keep us posted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)