Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Printed Records

mininoel

Hi

I don't know if this is the rightplace to post but anyway.......

I now use the electronic version of the Foundation Stage Profile and no longer fill in all the books by hand. However myhead teacher wants a printed version of something to record children's progress throughout Year R. I know you can print from e-profile but what would people recommend - it seems silly to print the whole booklet out.

We used to print off the summary sheet 3 times a year for moderation purposes. This only gives you what it says, a summary ie how many points the children have scored, and not which ones, but we did find it helpful. I wouldn't print off everything for every child, what a waste of paper, why is your head asking for this?

It is because each child has a folder in the school office with copies of reports and things. I write a report at the end of Yr which never used to happen. Instead the book just went in - now I dont use the book it obviously isn't going in the folder but she wants something to put in there so we can see where they were with their learning in the reception Year.

I see you can print the book but I don't really think this is worthwhile. Trouble is I think she will - particularly as the summaries etc don't show which points they managed to achieve. My problem now is the laptop which e-profile is installed on is not linked to the network printers......agghhhhh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)