Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Area Ideas

Guest flutter

Guest flutter

Hi Everyone

I need some help with ideas for the role play area for this terms topic - Stories. My colleague is creating a castle role play area but I just cannot think of another. We are linking to a couple of stories each week so would be better to be general rather than linked to one story. Hope you can help.

Thanks Flutter

Why not ask the children what they would like? Or provide stuff with no fixed purpose - boxes, fabric, poles, pegs etc etc and see what they come up with as responses to the story inputs?

Cx

Edited by catma

When we used the Jollyt Postman as a topic focus... we set up the role play as a house and hanged the resources weekly to represent the stories we were reading e.g. adding bowls for the 3 bears, a red cloak, basket and wolf mask.... etc...

Depends what stories you are doing

You could also set it up as a strotytellers house, den.......

Use different props and encourage the children to tell their own stories.

Guest flutter

Thank you so much. I just couldn't think of how I could use it to fit the topic.

Catma - great idea. I will try that and see what the children do with the resouces. Then..

Lorna, I will try your idea which will fit in later in the term.

I just feel brain dead this weekend! thank you both sooo much.

Flutter

• 2 weeks later...

Catma's ideas is great as it draws on the children's own ideas. In the past I have made my role play area into the Gingerbread Cottage, Three Bears Cottage, The Igloo from the story - The Big Dark, The Bear Hunt Cave, The Farm from Farmer Duck, The Pet Shop from the story The Great Pet Sale.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)