Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Advise Please

Help!

Will hopefully have a job interview for a nursery manager position in the next two weeks, this will be a bit of a leap for me but due to restructuring I have been adivse to go for this post as my current post no longer exsists. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or comfort??!! I think my main problem is self doubt. I wonder if anyone is willing to share what they look for when hiring or how you got your current role perhaps. I am feeling uncharacteristically stressed!

Hey Wendles and hello everyone!!

Just new to all this, signed up today!!

As Susan asks, how does it differ to what role you are in now?? Im a Nursery Manager in a Private Nursery so hope I can help you - il try!! :o

Just give me a little bit more info. on what you would like to know, interview questions? or what to mention etc?

Michelle

Hi Wendles, can offer any advice but will be watching this thread with interest as I have been put forward for a nursery manager's post and have an interview next week for a deputy nursery managers post.

Well given your respective locations at least you're not up for the same vacancy! :o

Good luck both!

Maz

Hi Wendles, Have a look at Helens article on Interview preparation, you can find it

HERE

Hope this helps, also if you have any specific questions arising from the job spec, just ask :o

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy, just got the job description today. It is an internal process and a change of 2 staff and 20 kids to 60 kids and 9 staff for those of you who asked. I will digest the description and may come back with specific questions.

Thanks to all who have responded, am feeling much better and much calmer today!!

Thanks Peggy, just got the job description today. It is an internal process and a change of 2 staff and 20 kids to 60 kids and 9 staff for those of you who asked. I will digest the description and may come back with specific questions.

Thanks to all who have responded, am feeling much better and much calmer today!!

Sorry 13 or 14 staff!!