Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Moderation

My colleage in the Reception class is due for Moderation soon - we have both interpreted what is needed differently!!

She has prepared profiles on 6 chn. 3 from each ability level. I got the impression that moderators would choose 6 chn. themselves.

Can anyone please clarify this??

Many thanks

Magenta

Their should be 4 children. One from each ability level and one special needs if there is one. The profiles should be backed up with observational evidence but not for every single statement. This year PSE and K&U are to be moderated. In our LEA if there is more than one Reception Class there should still only be 4 children for moderation, chosen by the staff, and the rest will be moderated internally. In the back of the profle booklet it tells you what is statutory this year, but some LEAs are doing their own thing.

I trained for moderating in my LEA but have not been invloved due to ill health but our recomendations were that 3 children would be moderated and moderators would select.

This just proves how impossible this really is to operate to my mind!

We were moderated last year. We had to choose 3 children - high, average and low - from each class before the moderater arived.

Jess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)