Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Money

How exciting

We had a letter this morning to say we were getting £1200 from county! I think they have an underspend this year and have shared the money out. We have to have it spent by a certain date, but that won't be too difficult!

OFSTED also rang this morning to say that there was a delay with us receiving our report. We wrote a letter after our feedback as we weren't happy with a couple of things so we think it is about that. I have to say that the we have had a couple of phone calls since we wrote to them and they have been very nice ladies who have spoken to us.

I'm also ok today, I wasn't too achey after my fall. Baby feels as though it's been doing the jig with hob-nailed boots on all day!

Laura

We had our letter yesterday too, Laura. Any ideas what you're going to spend it on? Inclusion can cover a lot of things, can't it? And do you know how to get hold of elearning credits in Lincolnshire because no-one in the Birth to Five Service seems to know!

Missed the bit about your fall - was it on the ice? Our car park was extremely dangerous the other morning - I fell ove rwhen unlocking the gate.

Hi Weightman

Apparantly Penny Wainwright (Is she your early years advisor as well?)rang this morning to say they were putting a list together for things that we should be thinking about.

We were talking about what 'inclusion' meant and felt that it meant for all children's needs whatever disabilities or not they have, whatever background they come from etc. Our final thought was that it was about providing resources for individual childrens needs. It's quite a wide area!

We have normally had a letter telling us how much we had to spend for e-learning credits but this year we haven't had anything. I was thinking about it the other day.

I'm on the second half of the EYFS training tomorrow so I'll see what others say.

Yes I did fall on the ice. When I went to work at my school that afternoon, 4 other members of staff had fallen over as they went to their cars that morning.

Hi Laura,

No we have a different EYAT but I know her. Ours said she thought some settings were buying a laptop [!] and otghers doing things like buying decking for the outdoor area so that all the children could have a story area outdoors. We were thinking along the lines of a more accessible sandpit outdoors, and vehicles that two or more children can ride on together. They'll need to get the list out quickly if it has to be spent by 31/3!

We were told today to 'think big'! So a new computer for the children is top of our list, plus digital cameras for the children. We also want to replace our multicultural dolls which are expensive. We bought a laptop after christmas.

Some of the people on the EYFS course today hadn't received their letter so were very excited to hear about the money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)