Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Briefing For Parents

My headteacher has asked me to prepare and edliver a briefing about the new curriculum at a meeting for parents of reception children starting in Sept. Does anyone have any ideas or something similar that they have ahd to do.

Have never done anything like this before and starting to panic.

Hi again Ellietubby

There is another thread on the forum about information for parents about the EYFS. I dont know how to make a link though! Someone who does will be along soon I am sure!!

I can give you another site for information from this thread though! I know how to do that.

http://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/early-y...ation-stage.pdf

Shiny

Thanks Shiny and Maz

I have prepared an outline plan and will show it to the head tomorrow. New parents briefing is not until 5th March. So if you can think of anything else I would be gateful.

We have the Autumn Rec children visit for 2 hours a week after Easter until end of summer term so rather busy time.

Thanks again for replying.

Thanks for the teachernet link Shiny-I have printed out a copy to put up in pre-school tomorrow. I am starting to let parents know now what is involved-I am sure many have seen news items and may be a little concerned.

Linda

theres also a DVD from the dept for children, schools and families which has been produced called 'Playing and learning together' (sorry dont have a link) It is linked to EYFS and has some practical examples of how parents and carers can get involved in their children's early learning, might be nice to give out to parents or show at your session if it fits, im sure they are free

Paula x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)