Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fancy Dress Ideas Needed

Our school is having a fancy dress day for world book day but my problem is I'm a big size and can't get anything other than head to toe furry outfits like lions and teletubbies! I've thought about wearing my own clothes and accessorising them but am stuck for ideas...I was wondering whether to be a nursery rhyme character rather than a book character. The simpler the better but I want it to be effective too. Thanks in anticipation!

Little Red Riding Hood is always an easy one - just need a red bed sheet tied around as your cape - hair in plaits (or plaits made out of wool & attached to own hair, red rosy cheeks, a pinney round your waist & basket in hand - job doone!!!

Good luck! X

I have the same problem :o so i bought a 16-18 snow white outfit on e-bay.Comes out everytime! Unfortunately I used it for our prince/princess day with this intake last November so having to think again.Any ideas using a black bob cut wig?

As a whole fs team we went as Elmer and the elephant parade last book day!! We cut a front and back 'n' shape and linked them with wide tape a bit like a sandwich board then made head bands with big ears and a trunk on them. All wore black underneath and had a great time painting our own individual designs onto the card ! Very simple and looked effective, especially as a herd!!

As a whole fs team we went as Elmer and the elephant parade last book day!! We cut a front and back 'n' shape and linked them with wide tape a bit like a sandwich board then made head bands with big ears and a trunk on them. All wore black underneath and had a great time painting our own individual designs onto the card ! Very simple and looked effective, especially as a herd!!

What a truly fantastic idea! Would love to see a photo! :o

Maz

I've done The Cat in the hat - very simple ...

black suit, big red bow at the neck - only really have to make the hat!

They sell the cat in the hat Hats on ebay

My TA did a good one, the Little princess in I want my potty, she cut a hole in a white sheet, but could wear a white tshirt, had a gold crown from border and a potty! In the past we have had Wheres Wally, Jolly postman, Paper bag princess, tin man - lots of saucepans, tools hanging, all the Happy Families are good I have done Mrs Wobble! Hope this is some help