Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Planning- Reception Class - Down On The Farm

Hi there,

I haven't done this before, so here goes!!! Does anyone have any Medium Term planning for a reception class for a topic about the farm? We are starting a new topic and it would be fab to have a starting point. Thanks in advance for any help.

Shellc5 :o

Hi Shellc5 - I'm not Reception but plenty of people are and I'm sure they'll be along shortly to help.....just wanted to welcome you to the forum! :o

Hi and welcome. Sorry not much help as we have decided not to use MTP any more in foundation. We are starting with an overall theme and then letting the children lead the way. The head is even more confused now than ever, probably wishes he'd never asked me to be foundation leader! :o

You could start with Old MacDonald as a theme. Also the website on CBeebies 'Come outside' has a farmyard game where the children have to direct a plane to different parts of the farm and do activities which are mainly click and drag such as put the apples in a basket, milk the cows, feed the hens,etc. Also you could do a theme on farm vehicles tractors and ploughing machines,Tractor Tom website has jigsaw game, animal game and painting game. Mother animals and baby animals is a good one to do as well, matching and naming them. Small world farm play with farm mats. Animal masks and free paintings, playdough animals. Hope these ideas are helpful

PS You can adapt the song The Wheels on the Bus to....The cows in the barn go moo,moo,moo,; the rooster on the fence goes cock-a doodle-do;the ducks in the pond go...; the hens in the coop go cluck,cluck,cluck; the pigs in the pen go ... and so on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)