Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mothering Sunday?

I am about to start a 6 week space topic which i have loads of ideas...

however mothering sunday falls in week two and am stuck for a space style card?

"Mum your out of this world" is as far as ive got.

any thoughts?

I'm over the moon that you're my mum...?

(can obviously add in another word for those who might want to send their card to another relative or friend). One year we had a dad at our Mother's Day lunch because mum was working. He'd never had such fun, apparently!

I'm just wondering how long before the groans begin as the puns get more and more tenuous! If its any constellation, I'm groaning at this before I type it:-

"this was going to be a cosmic card but I didn't planet very well" xD

Sorry - am slinking away now, having grasped the gravity of the situation... :o

Maz

(can obviously add in another word for those who might want to send their card to another relative or friend). One year we had a dad at our Mother's Day lunch because mum was working. He'd never had such fun, apparently!

I'm just wondering how long before the groans begin as the puns get more and more tenuous! If its any constellation, I'm groaning at this before I type it:-

"this was going to be a cosmic card but I didn't planet very well" xD

Maz

:(:( I like your sense of humour :( :wacko:

What about......Mum, you are the brightest star by far.

"this was going to be a cosmic card but I didn't planet very well" :(

Maz

xD Maz, I think you should take the title forum comedienne! :(

Why does it need to be space related?

You see Susan: where as I'm there with the awful puns there you are with the crucial question!

So how about:

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - you're the world's best mum!

Maz

Hi,

A couple of years ago we made a heart, did some handprints and attached one to each side of the heart with pretty coloured string/wool. In the centre of the heart was a message that said, 'I love you THIS much!'

Doesn't really fit with the space topic, but it could maybe be adalted if you wanted it to fit.

purplemagic x

Super ideas!

THANKS LADIES!

LOVE IT!!!!!

I'll try and be realy clever and post a picture of the card when i get the hang of it!

xxxxxxxx

Look forward to seeing the end results Roxanne. xD

Last year I just provided lots of resources from materials, patterned paper, paper flowers, etc and let the children create their own cards. What was interesting was the message inside, we just asked the children why do you love your mum? Answers varied such as; "because I do", " because she brings me to preschool", "she makes me cakes", and the young boy who said,"because she told me off and then a long explanation as to why he was told off. :(

One boy was not that interested in making a card for mum and hurried it, then when he'd finished he pronounced, "Now I can make one for Dad," ( definately a Daddy's boy), he spent 20 minutes, describing why he was putting what where, how his design was progressing and what one piece of pasta represented etc. It made a lovely observation. At home time he proudly showed mum the card he had made for dad ( for mothers day) and left her card in his home tray. :o Touchingly enough, Mum didn't mind and praised his thoughtfulness. :(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)