Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Teacher Tv- 'need To Know- Early Years Foundation Stage'

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site but think it's great!.

I've just watched an interesting video on Teacher TV. It was titled 'Need To Know- Early Years Foundation Stage'.

I thought some of you might find it interesting!

I have copied and pasted the synopsis and included a link! (Well I hope I have, I haven't done this before! If it hasn't worked then try copying it and pasting it in the address bar)

Synopsis

]Mike Baker explains what the new Early Years Foundation Stage Framework will mean for early years practitioners when it becomes statutory in September 2008.

He details what you need to know about the new framework and how it will affect the daily work of birth-to-five settings.

Ruth Pimentel is responsible for implementing the new framework, stressing that it builds on existing best practice to help teachers and childminders to provide the best start for children, whilst nursery school headteacher Julian Grenier warns against wrongly interpreting the framework as encouraging "tick-box teaching".

Published: 15 January 2008

http://www.teachers.tv/video/24245

Thanks for that mandalee and welcome to the forum! :o I think the programme you mention has been on before but I'm glad that they are repeating it, the more coverage that there is of the new framework the better, to make sure everyone hears and knows about it! xD

Thanks Mandalee and well done for your first post with link. xD

A warm welcome to the forum from me too.

Reading the comments it seems that this is a re-edited second version because the first one included a factual error about childminders. :o

Peggy

thanks, Peggy - you're right, EYFS does not require childminders to have written COPIES of policies and procedures but we "will be expected to ensure that any assistants are aware of all policies and procedures, and that they are able to clearly define them for parents and others as and when requested"

Perhaps I should just write them down?!

Nona

thanks, Peggy - you're right, EYFS does not require childminders to have written COPIES of policies and procedures but we "will be expected to ensure that any assistants are aware of all policies and procedures, and that they are able to clearly define them for parents and others as and when requested"

Perhaps I should just write them down?!

Nona

I must admit, although we may moan about all the many, many policies ( I'm preschool) I have always found them a great place of reference for many situations. Even if you just concentrate on the policies that refer to your legal obligations ie: Child protection, health & safety etc you will benefit for the thought processes in producing them and they help to have a real 'ownership' of what you are doing and why. :oxD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)