Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Reception And Pre School

My colleage and I run a reception class and pre school in the same room. I am resonsible for reception and she runs pre school. So far this arrangement is working very well but we are having problesm with planning. On one hand our head wants to see the same plans for R and pre school but the early years people want to see separate plans. We have tried doing different plans for them- well the same plan with separate sheets but specific planning for either R or pre school.

The trouble is also we have no planning time together so we do most of it over short chats over the course of a day and via email. Not ideal really.

We have come up with something- that is to do a plan for them all and then a sheet for differentiation showing HAPs, MAPS and LAPS, SEN and G&T and specific needs for our 2 and a half year olds and after easter, 2 year olds xD

I just wondered if anyone has an example of planning for 2-5 year olds and diffientiation that they can post so we can kind of get an idea of what we should be doing?

Many thanks :o in advance.

Dont know about the PS but assumed--high acheivers, middle achievers, low achievers although this categorisation worries me a bit over such a wide age range? But Im not over fond of the terminology anyway in FS.

Dont know about the PS but assumed--high acheivers, middle achievers, low achievers although this categorisation worries me a bit over such a wide age range? But Im not over fond of the terminology anyway in FS.

But that would not be for the whole age range. Only for reception. We would then plan for need in pre school and for under 3s provison.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)