Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Centre Manager Interview

westie

Hi, Just wondering whether anybody has any words of wisdom for me! I have an interview for position of childrens centre manager this thursday which is an all day selection process, 9.00-3.00!

The letter asking me for an interview said that the day would be laid out as follows:

Introduction to staff and school

Tour of school and childrens centre site

Small group activity (15 mins)

Small group activity (15mins)

Lunch

Design a leaflet for the new childrens centre

Formal interviews

Has anybody experinced a selection process such as this? Any tips/advice/ ideas about what the group activities may consist of (role-play?)

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Thanks

Jo

I would guess that at least one of the small group activities will be role play. Maybe one of the others will be a group discussion about something - they will probably be looking at your ability to contribute ideas, work as part of a team, relate to other people in the team, etc. as leading/working as part of a team will be an essential requirement for the job.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on! :o

Good luck with that Westie, at least whoever is interviewing has obviously given some thought into the process. I would agree with Wolfie, much of what they will be looking at is how you interact with others, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't something in there about multidisciplinary working, or hard to reach families.

Do let us know how it goes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)