Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transferring Funding

tuffspot

My understanding is that the funding should go with the child. If a child leaves our setting to go to another, then I would transfer the remaining funding direct to them. I have had funded children move to us mid term and if the funding is not forthcoming then I invoice the previous setting for it.

In our area, the funding goes to the setting and does not have to be transferred.it's a catch 22 situation though, if a child comes to us after headcount week, we are obliged to give them a free place,as long as we have space of course.I have had this happen to me both ways, and our LEA says it's swings and roundabouts.

We used to have to pass it on to the next setting but from this term, we complete a form towards the end of the term to either claim extra funding if a child joins us or increases their sessions or alternatively we have to advise County about any reimbursements and they will claim that back from us. Either way it would stay with the child.

Check with the LEA , each one is different...

In the past we had to claim by headcount day etc and if anyone left it was up to us if we passed it on or kept it to cover another child which is what was the norm... I didn't pay it to another setting unless they invoiced me direct for it as said we often had to take children unfunded and it covered the costs. This is what the LEA suggested.

That said.. now we can claim funding at anytime for the child, if they start mid term we just send in a parents form and copy of register for week they start, and we also have a declaration form for when a child leaves before end of term which has to be sent in before end of current funding period. They then adjust the payment accordingly.

we have done this for the last year now and it works well, more paperwork for us but we do get the money for the children we have.

Inge

Edited by Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)