Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ou Studies Tips For Students

belle06

Hi

Just thought i would drop a line to try and make life simpler for students especially OU. If you save your study topics from the student home page in PDF format to your desktop. You then open one of the study topics on your desktop and click on the binoculars picture this will bring up a search box you then typs a phrase or word for example 'Inclusion strategies' it then say search PDF files and you have two option search current or search all pdf files (gives option where to search all pdf eg desktop my documents etc) click the box to make it say desk top (or where you have saved the files) and it will then show you every reference to inclusion strategies in all the pdf study topics on the desktop. Hope this makes sense but it has made my assignment writing so much easier especially searching for quotes on different theorists. This search also works for the new EYFS, SEN Code of practice and any document you save in pdf to your desktop

Narnia this works with any PDF document i have the new EYFS, SEN Code of practice, Barriers to achievment and a few other pdf documents that I search through for relevant sources and references if you go to the teacher net website you can download a wide range of documents in PDF which would be useful for any assignments/Essays

xD Belle

You have just made my day, saw your post last week and thought yeah will give it a go and see if I can do it!!!

:o You are a star, I had just learn something so now I can look forward to time saving of typing all the references out etc.... or just general searches...

On my 3rd study topic before first TMA!! Yikes ben worrying abou tfinding all the references

you have certainly joined my list and by the way any other tips would be greatly received!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Hairymaclary

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. what a brilliant piece of help. I love the people on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am struggling with the first part of foundation degree with the OU, it is such a long time since i have been in this situation. But to keep the job i am doing I have to do the course! Anyway, thank you again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)