Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cloudlands

Hi-

I have to prepare a half hour of teaching with a mixed rec yr 1 class (on anything I want) and was thinking of basing it on the book Cloudlands. Has anyone got any ideas for activities? I was thinking with the focus on more play in year 1, to perhaps set up areas to act out living in the clouds- maybe shaving foam and small world people, I have a big blue net thing and a group could go in that and act out a cloud scene...

Hmm, there are 27 inc a child with cerebral palsy...

Any other ideas for activities or has anyone used this book before? Or indeed yr 1 objectives I can link it to?

Thanks

:D Shaving foam FANTASTIC we use this alot encourages communication, language, using new language ~ describing words, using hands for tactial, making markings ie words, letters, numbers, shapes, patterns etc discussions leading in all directions from what shaving foam is used for, skin , hair, body functions right to how the foam got into the can!!!!??? and what makes it come "exploding out" used by one of my 31/2 year olds!!!?? this actually lead us having a discussion what "exploding" means.......

julia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)