Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Computers!

:o I am currently applying for a new job and as part of the interview I have to do a presentation on 'with reference to computer programmes for young children - what are their value and purpose, and how do they link into the Early Years Curriculum and National Curriculum'.

It is a PowerPoint Presentation and I have got the majority of info I need but can anyone give me anymore info that might be relevant? The haedings I am using are 'What are their value and purpose', Why use computer programmes', 'How can it be implemented into planning' 'What is the link between computer programmes for young children and the Early Years Curriculum/National Curriculum' and 'Useful steps to consider when using computer programmes for young children (with regards to education)'

Anyone with any info that might help will be gratefully appreciated!!!!

Many Thanks

First of all, welcome on board Julie, thanks for posting.

Wow, thats a long title to do a presentation, I take it you were given that title to work from?

Have you chosen to do powerpoint for this or have you been told that is what is expected. You have quite a lot of area to cover, I am wondering how long you have as my first thought is that you may be trying to cover too much.

We had an interesting discussion recently on the benefits (or otherwise) of using computeres in early years- you may find some of the points made there helpful. In case you havent found them yet, they are

here

and here

and even

here

Hope they are some help, and Im sure thetre will be other members with something more constructive to add. :D

Hi Julie & welcome!

Good luck with the interview and the preparation! What is the job? sounds as if it must be computer orientated at the very least?

There is an excellent chart on uses of ict /matching to ELGs that i found when I was doing my NoF training.

Think it may be on Becta or Teach the Children.

I'll try and remember to look it out if you don't know it.

Sounds like you're planning to cover an awful lot, how long must your presentation be? I can't remember the figures I was given for a powerpoint I did for interview recently, but I think it was something like 1 slide per minute.

Anyway good luck! :D

:D Thank you for the E-mails! The job title is 'Lecturer in Child Care and Education' and the presentation has to be no more than 10mins long. I have done the basic ground work but there is a lot of info to fit into 10mins! When I applied for the job there was no mention of 'computers', but I'm hoping using powerpoint will but others off from attending the interview. Thank You for the helpful hints and I will let u know how it went. (say a few prayers on fri @ 10.30am!!!)

If you only have 10 minutes, I would defintaly trim what you are doing a bit. If you are using powerpoint, have you rehearsed it? A willing friend or partner is really helpful for this.

And good luck, do let us know how it goes. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)