Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fund Raising

i ve recently become involved in the p.t.a at my sons school.(infants and juniours) I work with pre s chool children so not used to fund raising for older children. anyone out there with any ideas forsomething new and exciting? Things we do at the minute: film nights, easter, halloween discos, summer & xmas fates ect.

Hi Fizzy

At my sons school we are organising an old fashioned games night, we are going to have a beetle drive, twister, bingo etc etc. All the old folk in our village love a bingo night!! We also have a Body Shop party coming up and hold Pampered Chefs night when the head of the school and a school governor competed Ready Steady Cook style which was great fun and raised quite a bit of cash.

I think the important thing is to do things regularly and keep the family focus.

We have an annual fashion show - the children get involved doing some modelling, and some brave mums enjoy strutting their stuff on the catwalk too!

Raises a lot of money and gives people the opportunity to buy overmakes/slight seconds at a discounted price.

Maz

Sometimes a local pub does its quiz nights in aid of local charities - the one in the next village to us does and the nights always raise a lot of money. All the charity has to do is provide a decent set of raffle prizes and the pub does the rest! It might be worth asking round to see if any pubs near you do something similar?

Another good fundraiser is sending out some kind of written quiz with the children and charging £1 per entry. Ones that we've done in the past are "Name the Logo" and the sort where you have phrases like "64 S on a CB" and you have to work out what it means.

Edited by Wolfie

thanks guys, love the ready steady cook idea, and the local pub one. where did you get the clothes from for the fashion show from, sounds fab :o

The company brings everything you need on the night: PA system, music, clothes. You charge a ticket price for entry, and they sell the clothes direct and give you a percentage as commission.

If you're interested I can find out the name of the company...

Maz

At my sons school the have an inflatable day, an after school session with loads of bouncy castles, slides, football goals trampolines etc with a single entry fee and play on anything as many times as you like.

Shiny

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)