Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bttm Training!

Yesterday I attended the first training session in my area for BTTM.

It was good to get together with practitioners all in the same situation, everybody felt the same!!!

Yes, the pack is good!

Yes, its what we already do in our settings!

WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO WITH IT!!!!!

Everybody was screaming out for a planning format to follow, but they hadn't prepared one!!!!

So, at the end of the day hopefully we will have achieved something by sending the trainers away realising what it is that we all want.

If anybody else has better luck in their areas and you are lucky enough to get your hands on some planning sheets please let me know!!!

Hi there!

A colleague of mine has developed a planning sheet which can be adapted easily from FS to BTTM - I'll see if I can let you have a copy, or will try to give you the gist when I'm back at work - tomorrow.

Sue :D

I work in a pre-school, taking chidren from 24-months-old to rising 5.

We are being told "forget about bttm". The EY partnership says that we only need to follow the FSC. Sometime in the future the FSC and BTTM will be amalgamated, we are told.

So, we don't need to do anything for children who aren't funded, apparently.

No planning, no obs, nothing.

Needless to say, I am not happy. We are therefore only doing the right thing for a small minority of chidren.

If, county-wide, the message is ignore BTTM, ignore unfunded children, what is the point in having these initatives?

Diane.

:D Thanks Sue I would love to see how your colleague has set out a planning sheet.

:o That doesn't sound right Diane!

I work with children from 3 months - rising 5 and I observe and plan for all my children. At the moment I use the FSC and bring it down to an easier level for the younger ones.

There does seem to be a lot of confusion over BTTM hopefully after all the training sessions around the country they will understand what us practitioners really need!!

When I returned to work today ( :D:D:D:o ) we were discussing this and our Toddler Room Head has recently been on some EYDCP training on BTTM, where she was told to plan for PILES, but to link it to the Components. This has largely been ignored by the powers-that-be in our setting, so it could be worth bearing in mind, when I finally manage to do something about planning sheets here.

Have I gone mad? I am certain I read recently that there is a pilot scheme either just about to start, or soon starting, for a form of funding for 2 year-olds - help me out here folks! xD

Sue :D

Funding for 2-year-olds?

Possibly in the offing according to our EY mentor (do I believe?).

It would suit me - my setting only looks at funded children. The more who are funded, the better (I say).

Gracious knows what time-scale we are looking at.

The quicker the better.

Diane.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)