Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nurs Cooks Uniform

HI,

can any one tell me what are the requirements for a nursery cooks uniform, can they just wear a normal nursery uniform (as in polo shirt and black trousers) with a cooks apron, or do they have to have the chef type trousers and jackets. also if they have short hair do they have to wear a hat?

I know they need indoor shoes and as far as i understand they are to change into the uniform when they arrive to nursery, is this correct?

Dawn

yes, thats correct....................your local environmental health officer would give you all info free of charge too.It's good practice to change into clothes which are specific to the role really, so chefs whites/trousers.BUT here's a tip...................if you contact the launders/cleaners who deal with all your local hotels linen, sheets tablecloths etc, they usually have secondhand items for sale,and you can pick up a whole outfit for a couple of pounds.

Theres a sign on the door at one of the nurseries I go to which says anyone entering must wear a white coat. Also, when the food inspectors were there, one of them went to the loo still wearing the white coat! The nursery manager made mention of it to them!! :o

Hi Dawn

At our school the cooks wear simple polo shirts and chef trousers with apron and all colour coordinated to the school uniform with school name on. This is changed into on arrival. They do look smart all matching, including baseball caps!

Shiny

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)