Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics Resources

Can anyone help?

I am looking for some good phonics software for the interactive whiteboard.

Do you have a good programme which you use please?

Thanks.

Ann. :o

I haven't come across any particular software but www.ictgames.co.uk and the topmarks website have some good interactive games for the children. Some still refer to letters and sounds but are still good for you below average children.

I haven't come across any particular software but www.ictgames.co.uk and the topmarks website have some good interactive games for the children. Some still refer to letters and sounds but are still good for you below average children.

Thanks Verityn. I'll check out those websites! :o

Fast Phonics First has been changed so that it is 100% compatible with Letters and Sounds. I use Big Cat Phonics which has a different order for introducing the phonemes but I find it works well and the children love it.

Thanks to you all for such a quick and useful response. Will get researching right away!

Think I am going to find the forum very helpful! :o

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone help?

I am looking for some good phonics software for the interactive whiteboard.

Do you have a good programme which you use please?

Thanks.

Ann. :o

I absolutely love using 'Letterland' to teach phonics and handwriting to my Reception Class. It has been going for years and as such a lot of criticism has been thrown at it, but in my opinion if it doesn't get the children excited about learning about letters and sounds and give them the tools to start blending and segmenting sounds, it is only because it has not been taught in the correct way. It has been updated and complements 'Letters and Sounds' and also has a fantastic IWB resource which is brilliant.

letterland.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)