Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health Promotion Topic And Activity Ideas

Hello to all!!! xD

It's been a while since I posted my last post but with all my assignments for my degree due in straight after xmas I haven't had the time to browse and post on here!!!

I would like some suggestions on a health promotion activity that I could implement within my setting. I work in a Nursery class and any suggestions with regards to what topic I could base the health promotion on and what kind of activities to do would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :o

Have you got any links with your local health visitor? They might have some good ideas and suggestions for places you could contact, resources, etc.

You could set up your home-corner as a dentist or doctors maybe....sing 'this is the way we'....brush our teeth, wash our hands etc. If you have a doctors surgery near by you could maybe walk there, have you got any parents who are nurses, doctors etc who would come in and talk to the children?

Hi,

I did a health promotion unit as part of my HND and had to design and carry out a campaign of sorts, there are loads of possible topics like sleep, road safety, walking bus etc.

I went for the easy option of fruit, but concentrated on what fruit was good for what part of body according to it's colour, an idea I found on the internet (loads of stuff out there, just do searches), carried out fruit tasting (using different coloured fruit) which the children loved and asked them for their favourites which I made into a pictogram display, this was accompanied by lots of stories and activities about different fruit,,, basically anthing to raise awareness!!

Essc