Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evidence Of Positive Imagery

Hi, I am wondering whether anybody can help me. Would anybody have or be willing to take for me some photos of displays/areas etc where you have displayed positive imagery.

I am working with settings which need to address this, only i am finding just explaining the importance of positive imagery really isn't having the impact i would like.

I thought examples of how others have been creative and been able to include positive imagery within different areas of their settings may inspire some of the practitioners.

Any photos of what you have done would be gratefully received.

In fact thinking about it any photos which demonstrate Inclusive practice would be really useful :o

Thanks

Jo

I've attached a picture of a divider screen I made with images of children from different ethnic diversities, children with special needs, both genders, various emotions etc with the poem "Children learn What They live", this is more about depicting inclusiveness rather than 'positive images' but thought I'd share. I'll have a think.....There is a website which promotes positive images of children with disabilities in story books called "In the Picture", I've recently had an email from them updating me on their project, it included the following link to a 'positive' image of a child with an asthma pump. ( sorry not looked at the pic myself) Try a google search for In the Picture, should take you to their site.

HERE

Peggy

post-3604-1199830595_thumb.jpg

I havent got pictures but I used to use newspapers in other languages, the Arabic writing is lovely, pictures from magazines of people, old, young, traditional dress, disabilities. People doing things, playing an instrument, walking a dog, crying, laughing, cycling. The most important thing is for the pictures to be real, not posed and definitly not as a token gesture. I mostly made small books of the pictures using familiar and not so familiar scenes and ;eft them for the children to look at. :o

I've attached a picture of a divider screen I made with images of children from different ethnic diversities, children with special needs, both genders, various emotions etc with the poem "Children learn What They live", this is more about depicting inclusiveness rather than 'positive images' but thought I'd share. I'll have a think.....There is a website which promotes positive images of children with disabilities in story books called "In the Picture", I've recently had an email from them updating me on their project, it included the following link to a 'positive' image of a child with an asthma pump. ( sorry not looked at the pic myself) Try a google search for In the Picture, should take you to their site.

HERE

Peggy

Love the picture peggy, do the pictures include any of the children from the setting???or have you cut them out of magazines etc. Once again you have inspired me to do a collage just like yours...where did you get the poem from?

mrsb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)