Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

People Who Help Us At Home


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have done medium term planning and got lots of ideas for the other areas of People who help us but the "at home" bit is leaving me rather uninspired!! I am unlikely to get support from home and my children do not have a lot of english (with a few native speaker exceptions).....any ideas?!

 

Thank you!!

 

:o

Posted

Well all I can think of are various people who visit the home:

 

postman

washing machine repairman etc

 

(use of the word 'man' not intended to exclude female artisans, obviously :o )

 

And obviously not forgetting mum/dad/grannie etc!

 

Depending upon your lifestyle (or that of your children!) you might include gardener, etc!

 

Whose idea was it to add the 'at home' bit - do they have any ideas?

 

There are lots of creative people on here - I'm sure they'll come to the rescue fairly soon!

 

Maz

Guest Wolfie
Posted

My milkman is very helpful..but I'm not sure if they have them in Europe??

Posted (edited)

midwife

district nurse

health visitor

speech therapist

cleaner

window cleaner

gardener

vicar/priest/Imam etc

carpet/laminate floor layer

decorator

block paving layer

personal fitness trainer

delivery people (Sainsburys etc)

chimney sweep

(our families have had all of these recently!)

Edited by narnia
Posted

Thanks everyone, some of those have def given me ideas... :-)

No, sadly we don't have milkmen here (though I miss mine from the UK!)...in fact I think that milk for many of my children comes from the china jug which is poured by their nanny at the table but hey there we go!!

Posted

A roofer

A dustman

Paper boy

A hairdresser (mobile ?)

A plumber

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)