Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths!

Hello everyone,

Im doing my planning and the maths focus is 'Say and use number names to 20.

Recognise numerals to 12'. I have some time in the morning where I would like to carry out an activitity with the children together with assessing them on what stage they are at. Oue theme is all about doctors and nurses. Any ideas anybody? I want it to be simple yet exciting for the children. x

How about a clinic where children get weighed/measured etc? They could take it in turns to weigh and measure each other and record the results in a 'baby book' or the equivalent for bigger children. This would involve reading numbers on the scales, tape measures etc.

You could write dates in such as the date of the examination, birth date etc.

Anything really rather than do a formal "what number is this?" type activity!

Maz

Adding to Maz's great suggestions, in our surgery we have little number discs and next patient etc, why not get the children to make some up to 12, then the doctors can say which disc is next, and the children can take their disc up when it is their turn, get given a disc when they arrive at the surgery etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)