Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Centre Policies

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

Our Children's Centre has a full daycare nursery provision for 0-5 year olds on site but also runs various other groups both within the centre and at other locations in the area, e.g. creches, stay and play, Peeps groups, etc. The nursery obviously has a full set of policies and procedures governing its practice but I'm wondering whether it would be better to have an over-riding set of policies for the Centre as much as possible to ensure consistency across all groups. There would be some policies that would need to be tailored to individual groups I know, but I'm thinking that ones such as Behaviour Management, Child Protection, Equal Opps, Health and Safety could stretch across all.

What do other Centres do?

Edited by Wolfie

I know that in Kirklees they provide a set of policies for all their children's centres which they can add to. Plus some of the centres make extra ones if they want. I'm not much help, however I will as my college friend who just started a job setting up the day care side of a children's centre opening later in the year.

Beth

Hi Wolfie,

I just been considering the very same thing. Some of the cc teachers in my area are getting together to write some so i'll keep you posted

We have been thinking about this one too. Our full day car provision is provided by a charitable organisation who have several settings and therefore have their own corporate policies. AS a CC we are in the process of writing our own. We are thinking that we will probably have our own affecting the things that run from the CC, and that if we open any other provision (like satellite playgroups and after school), they will also follow ours.

We don't really have any in place yet except for a skeleton home visit policy, we dont have a building yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)