Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow

beth1

Who's got some snow?

Well I have started at 8 am and has been snowing on and off since. I am tempted to walk to the other side of the village to see the snow over the valley but its a bit tricky to get to as its eaither making my way across a busy main road and back across a bad corner or walk through part way through a housing estate to reach the view the car is not an option.

Still need to complete 2nd assgiment this afternoon, spent the morning finding theory realting to children's centres and working with parents. I am having fun geting the policies scaned onto one computer as the other one as a virus in quatinee (sp) and I don't want to pass it onto this one. Oh well I may have to photocopy it and write appendix and stick on not very good but I needs to be in and I wasn't expecting this problem at all.

Have fun if you have snow and be careful out there. Thank goodness I got some new boots with good grips in time for the snow.

Beth

There's no snow here yet. It's freezing outside though.

I love snow!! :o Last January it snowed while we were at Pre-school and we all went out and built two snowmen - we loved it! Perhaps it might snow on Monday, when we go back. Must get my boots ready just in case !!

Sue J

None here in Shropshire which is unusual! We're usually high on the list when there's snow about!! But I'm not complaining. Its ok if you don't need to go out but otherwise............. yuk!

Nothing here. I'm in Southampton and we rarely get any. Snowmen at pre-school I am really jealous.

Last year snow was forecast - we set builders trays out to catch it - yep you've guessed it. The snow missed the pre-school garden..

Nothing here yet either, thankfully. I like looking at the snow but not driving in it and I dont live on a road that gets gritted.

Nether do I, however we are lucky to have the road gritted as there is a small bus once an hour. I only have to negotiate a short disance of the road as I live near the opening of the road. Well unless its too deep then its fun especially if my cars got lots of snow plied around it.

It is forecased to snow after 4 pm here again until late into the night. What fun living in the penines when its snows, Tinkerbell will tell you that too!

Beth

We've had snow on and off all day but its not amounting to much.As I drove home (training day!) I saw the backsides of 2 familair bodies climbing over the village cricket match fence with a black plastic dustbin lid in hand then realised with a start it was my 2 :o .

Not sure whose's dustbin the lid is from so looking forward to the explainations when they get home (and its now dark xD )

No snow here in Leicester either.

Like Sue J. we also had snow last year for one of our morning sessions.

Plans went out the window as everyone joined in the making of a huge snowman in our small playground.

We were also very selfish and went out onto the bigger playground rolling around making snow angels, throwing snowballs etc only to go back inside to the sounds of the primary school children complaining about us "taking their snow".

Great fun - here's hoping for a repeat when we go back next Monday.

Well it's snowed here in Aberdeenshire all day and we now have 2-3 inches. If it lasts we'll not be back to school on Mondayas we are very rural with lots of bus children. Usually I love snow days but right at the beginning may be a bit strange. Just have to wait and see :o

No snow here!

I love to look at it, but hate the aftermath - all the ice and stuff. Really wary of falling as have a temperamental hip......but then, if it did it's usual, Steve would suddenly get articles from me!!!!

Sue :o

They arrived back shortly after my post out of breath with red rosy faces demanding their tea. Full of tales of 'chav's with snowballs!' and catching friends out with hidden snowballs. It was nice to see them acting like well...kids! It's not often I arrive home and they're taking exercise that doesn't involve a remote. xD

I fed them...binded my time then casually dropped it in the conversation...

"how much snow was on the cricket pitch then?"

"Cricket pitch?...how do you know we were on the cricket pitch?"

"I saw you climbing over the fence"

"Wasn't me...I went through the gate...must have been ***"

"That's funny I'm sure I saw you climbing over the fence.I recognised the red hair" (sore point as the 14yr old con'd her dad with tales of 'needing femine supplies' when they were shopping and bought red hair dye which she sneaked off and put on last night)

"Oh must have been us then"

"What was that you were lifting over"

"Oh we had a sledge"

"A sledge? It looked to be round and black"

*splutters* "oh we found a bin lid so we used that"

"Was it any good"

"Nah the handle kept stopping it"

I didn't probe any more I just left it with "Well I hope you put it back where you found it!"

I don't think I want to know but I trust them not to have done anything illegal.My only concern is the damage the dustbin lid handle could have done to the imaculate grass of the cricket field. :o My dealing with it was tempered by the fact that given half a chance I'd have been out there trying to slide down the sloping outfield on a bin lid!! :(

Guest Wolfie

Oh bless, that story has really made me smile! I'm glad they enjoyed themselves and..as you say...it's nice when they behave like "real" kids isn't it??!! :o

only read this thread today, I'm a bit slow I know.

We had about 2 inches yesterday, which is unusual as I am on the coast here in Northumberland. It stuck about all day, my 5 and 7 year olds were out all day. It's the most snow they have ever seen and they loved it. I love the snow and had almost as much fun as they did! What's happened to the snow I remember of my childhood, deep and collecting in drifts I love it as long as I don't have to drive in it - bad experiance going down an icy steep hill heading for a main junction!!!

Unfortunetly, opened curtains this morning to rain, so most of it has gone, I know have 2 very dissappointed boys.

Hope everyone has a fab 2008.

Sal