Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Hungry Caterpillar With Pse

Hi all

In Spring term 2 we covering the very hungry caterpillar - i am struggling for PSE activites to go with it. The obvious one whch came to mind was caring for living things - however i cant actually see an ealry learning goal which covers caring for living things? - or am i just being very thick? (most probably!!!!)

Any ideas woud be welcomed

Thank you

Merry Christmas x

Hi all

In Spring term 2 we covering the very hungry caterpillar - i am struggling for PSE activites to go with it. The obvious one whch came to mind was caring for living things - however i cant actually see an ealry learning goal which covers caring for living things? - or am i just being very thick? (most probably!!!!)

Any ideas woud be welcomed

Thank you

Merry Christmas x

You're right - there isn't an early learning goal covering this. The nearest I could find is a stepping stone in PSED - Behaviour and self control "Show care and concern for others, for living things and the environment".

Its a bit of a tortuous link to the early learning goal "Understand what is right, what is wrong, and why" and "Consider the consequences of their words and actions for themselves and others" But could you do something about our responsibility to look after the environment so that living things can live a healthy life?

The only other thing I could think of was something about recognising what we need to keep us healthy - just as the caterpillar did what was necessary to turn into a butterfly.

Sorry I can't help more!

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

we do peer massage at our school and its brill the children work with a partner on gentle touches and follow power point presentations of visual clues for the different massage strokes

at the moment we are learning the hungry caterpillar massage which follows the story

this really was just an aside to the gneral conversation but if anyone is interested in peer massage i can give you more details

this really was just an aside to the gneral conversation but if anyone is interested in peer massage i can give you more details

Sounds like a House-of-Lords-based scandal, cheerycherry! :o

Sorry - talk about lowering the tone!

Maz

• 1 month later...

Dear LOla

Hope you have found ideas for PSE - Hungry Catrepillar. I am in the exact boat as you. I am to deliver PSED with topic based on Hungry Caterpillar. Hope you have moved further in finding new ideas. I will let you know if I find something new. Do think the idea with healthy eating was great.

Good luck

Chali Bear :o

we do peer massage at our school and its brill the children work with a partner on gentle touches and follow power point presentations of visual clues for the different massage strokes

at the moment we are learning the hungry caterpillar massage which follows the story

I'm interested in the massage. Where can I find out more?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)