Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Running Bunny

Hi guys - still here!

Due date is today, but I think that I have a few days more of being pregnant left. The midwife is doing a home visit on the 27th if nothing has happened in the meantime to do what she has to do (mindful that people could be eating whilst reading this!!) so there could be a new arrival by the end of the year.... xD

Failing that, two weeks overdue takes me to the 2nd January, so I guess hospital will beckon at that point.

Still feeling absolutely fine and managing to occupy myself without too much daytime TV, although a daily dose of Ty on Extreme Makeover (those with Sky will know what I mean :o ) is making life very bearable!

Hubby is also enjoying tea being cooked when he comes home from work and not having to go to the sorting office or courier depot to collect parcels as I've been in to receive them.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and I'll let you know the news as soon as I'm in a fit state to turn the computer on!!

Have a good Christmas everyone!!

RB x

How exciting, my only advice (and I expect you have heard it all) is, as a mother of five - BREATHE!!

The pain is a small price to pay for the wonderful gift you receive. :oxD:(

Oh and one other important thing no-one actually told me - perhaps because it isn't easy to put into words - is how WONDERFUL birth is, it is truely a miracle. :(

Do we know who we are waiting for?

No! It appears that we are last of a dying breed in not wanting to know if it's a boy or a girl.

Opinion is divided - genes would dictate that it's a boy as most first borns on the male side of the family are boys, but work colleagues think that it's a girl - one of them is gonna be right!

It all adds to the surprise at the end and I can't wait to ring my parents to tell them what we've had - they are over 200 miles away so will be waiting at the end of the phone to hear the news before setting off - it's their first grandchild as well, so it's extra special.

Best wishes from me too. I had my first on 22 December. It was a balmy 14 degrees outside! She's 19 on saturday by the way. We had christmas dinner in the hospital with schloer to drink and crackers too, not that we dared pull them!!! Bet the NHS don't do all the trimmings any more! The photographer came to snap all the Christmas Day babies and then walked off - leaving the mums stuck on the floor! Ah, those were the days when you stayed in 10 days for a rest - sounds like the dark ages doesn't it. I also remember being in labour and two men coming in to mend the clock on the wall!

Just spare a thought for poor Mary - travelling all that way on a donkey - ouch!

Good luck Running Bunny, we never wanted to know the sex of our babies either. The best tip my midwife gave me was to drink raspberry tea, it preapres the womb muscles to give birth. You shouldn't drink it until your near your due date as too much can bring on labour; I drank about 10 cups of the stuff the day before I was due each time and all my labours were 4 hours; the girls took two pushes and Charlie was only just caught by the midwife as I climbed onto the bed!

Karrie