Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recording Children Singing Onto A Cd

As part of my HT retirement assembly my class have made up a lovely song and I have even learnt to play guitar to accompany the song (never played before!). I thought it would be a nice idea to record the song onto CD for my HT to play back in the years to come however am unsure how to do this? Has anyone had experience of doing this before? I've previously recorded children's voices on powerpoint to accompany the slide show but not sure how to just record a song? I've got an extermal micrpohone (USB) that will record but what program should I use?

Thank you

Sorry can't help with the technical question, just wanted to say what a lovely idea I'm sure your HT will cherish the recording and well done for learning to play guitar, music time will never be the same again in your class. :o

Peggy

I have a voice recorder which saves recordings in mp3 format which I connect to the computer. It saves the recording as a file on the computer, which can be added to iTUNES if you have it, and then can be burned onto a CD.

You can buy them fairly cheaply, or someone may have one they could lend you...

Maz

• 3 months later...

Hi Ariel, I wonder if you could state how you record children's voices using powerpoint? I have a story on powerpoint and the children in my class are putting music to the story. Doing it on powerpoint sounds a brill idea. I also like the idea of a voice recorder and using a MP3 player.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just come across this topic. You can download free recording software online. Just search for Audacity. It is really easy to use once you get the hang of it and you can even cut, copy and paste parts of the singing. I have used it for a lot of my smartboard activities - recording instruments, children's voices etc.

If you go to TTS aswell they have just brought out microphones that you can take outside etc and record anything. They have a USB plug so you can just plug it into your computer and save the sounds. It is called Easyspeak I think. I haven't got mine yet but a friend who happens to be a ICT consultant has trialled it and she says it is brilliant.

Hope this helps

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)