Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold Question

laura

My Head told me today that my Threshold has been accepted which is brilliant news. I just wanted to ask if I was right in thinking that I should receive back pay from September 2006 as I applied in the 2006/2007 round and have been on the highest possible point for a couple of years before I applied. I have a feeling that the money won't be forthcoming unless I push for it.

I could really do with the extra money as I'm pregnant and due at the end of April. Maternity pay will be a bit of a shock this time as I'm only working 2 days after I had Ryan. I can't believe I'm nearly 21 weeks. Time has flown. I'm having my scan next week and would really like to find out what I'm having. I'd love a little girl but after 2 boys I'm expecting a third. Of course after all the problems I've had I just want a healthy baby, boy or girl. As we lost our 1st child at 2 months from a heart condition we have already been to London to have a detailed heart scan and everything is ok. We go again in January so they can check for more minor problems, but the main structure of the heart is fine which is the most important thing.

Ryan will be 2 and a half by the time baby arrives. He is certainly in the terrible two's right now, boy he can be hard work. But he absolutely adorable when he is being good. :o

Laura x

Hello, I can't be sure but yes I think you should get back pay as I did. I handed in my form in July 07. In September I got an extra £2000 in Octobers pay plus I went up to the next band- I didn't have to do anything, the money was just there. Hope that helps and makes sense - good luck with the scan and stuff xxxx

Hi all i thought they had got rid of threshold? I first applied for it in 2004 and the external person(can't remember name) agreed with the head teacher and said i needed more experience in 2 areas. she said if i took on 2 subject areas i would then get threshold but surprise surprise i didn't. depsite a hell of a lot of work i give up and finally left the school, it knocked my confidence, but its finally back but i had forgoteen about threshold but it might be worth me finding out???????? what do you think