Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Last Day Tomorrow

What a lot of happy memories you will have to take away with you, and lots of children and staff who will remember you for the amazing person you are.

I have a friend who recently closed her nursery, that she has had for a very long time. It was the hardest decision she has had to make, and not one that came likely. She is now on to pastures new and feeling extremely nervous, as her nursery was her life.

I wish you lots of luck - but know that you will keep in touch with us all.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all for your best wishes and lovely messages.

I had a lovely day the parents stayed most of the morning and the children were good as gold apart from;

one child accidently kicked another on the nose causing a heavy nose bleed ( mind you the child with the nose bleed has them regularly because he has a habit of picking his nose :o ). Managed to clear it all up without getting a spot of blood on our white outfits. :(

Then Santa ( my hubby) couldn't make it because our dog Benjie had done a runner (again). So, being the proverbial crisis manager I quickly thought well Santa is still contactable by phone, you should have seen the childrens faces when I told them Santa's on the phone, he's at home looking after Rudolph who has a tummy bug, (only a little white lie xD ). I wonder if we are the first preschool to have the modern version of 'Santa by mobile' :( Santa spoke to each child and the children loved it, they talked about it for the rest of the morning. It turned out ok because when I first mentioned Santa, they thought he was coming our little elf ( see pic) burst into tears, obviously scared of Santa, so when he spoke with Santa on the phone he wasn't upset, not having to meet him in real life. :wacko:

I've posted some pics; Me telling the Snowman Story, my favourite, a little elf and a gorgeous fairy, Spiderman, (yes superheroes are still popular even at Christmas) the parents and my staff team of snowqueens ( taken by a 6 yr old, fairy's brother who was off school poorly- hope the truant officer doesn't read this :( )

I held it together quite well until I started to thank all my parents for their support etc, managed to say " thank you, it's been great then started blubbing, I turned to a concerned looking Spiderman and giggled through my tears saying "I'm crying because I'm so happy" then announced it was Food and party game time and pulled myself together.

The Wet Wet Wet concert was ok, not as good as expected, it was a rush to get there, part drive and 1 hour on the tube, love Marti pellows voice but not keen on his new songs.

Thank you again for sharing my last day in your thoughts.

HappyMaz quote "Are you home yet? " ( 00:49 hrs)

You just had to ask didn't you. How spooky, just look at the time, the last picture of my car shows you what happened at 1:07 am. I'll start a new thread about my journey home because instead of a snow queen, indulge me, I'm going to be a drama queen and tell you all about my lucky escape.

Peggy

post-3604-1197803032_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1197803085_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1197803194_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1197803255_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1197803494_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1197803619_thumb.jpg

im glad the day went well peggy, love santa on the mobile did Benji come home????

Love your piuccys also xD

Thanks Hali, yes Benjie was eventually found near a neighbours house, a female dog owner :(

Peggy

p.s. Congratulations you beat me to the 5,000 posts, but only just. :o

HappyMaz quote "Are you home yet? " ( 00:49 hrs)

You just had to ask didn't you. How spooky, just look at the time, the last picture of my car shows you what happened at 1:07 am. I'll start a new thread about my journey home because instead of a snow queen, indulge me, I'm going to be a drama queen and tell you all about my lucky escape.

Peggy

Peggy as I was reading your post about your crash I kept wondering what time this had happened, and whether it was about the time I asked that question!

Perhaps next time I'll just keep my questions to myself!

Maz

Peggy as I was reading your post about your crash I kept wondering what time this had happened, and whether it was about the time I asked that question!

Perhaps next time I'll just keep my questions to myself!

Maz

No don't do that, but maybe you have a six sense xD:o:(

Peggy