Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Administration Of Medicines

We are a sessional setting therefore we would ask parents to adminster the medicine before or after they have attended! The only medication we have had to administer would be an inhaler or eczema cream and that it with written consent.

jx

We are a sessional setting therefore we would ask parents to adminster the medicine before or after they have attended! The only medication we have had to administer would be an inhaler or eczema cream and that it with written consent.

jx

we are full day care and do ask for written information of any medication administered prior to coming to the setting and only administer prescribed medication.

We are sessional, and wouldn't normally administer any medication other than asthma/epipen or life saving, but...we have a child with a non-contagious condition which needs medication during our open hours and on an empty tummy.

Here's the form we use

we will administer prescribed medicines only, but ONLY after the child has been on them for 24 hours.Parents have to fill in a form detailing medication, time to be administered etc, which we then countersign once we have given the necessary dose.parent then signs again when they collect the child, to say they acknowledge the medicine was given...........phew, does that make sense???

we will administer prescribed medicines only, but ONLY after the child has been on them for 24 hours.Parents have to fill in a form detailing medication, time to be administered etc, which we then countersign once we have given the necessary dose.parent then signs again when they collect the child, to say they acknowledge the medicine was given...........phew, does that make sense???

yes we do all of the above and have a witness signature of another member of staff and ask parents to sign and tell us of any medication their child has been given prior to coming to the setting ( time given, how much etc).

i am only asking as our senco has today advised us that our early years team will not support us for administering ANY MEDICATION!!! ( they would not be my first port of call any way)

yes we do all of the above and have a witness signature of another member of staff and ask parents to sign and tell us of any medication their child has been given prior to coming to the setting ( time given, how much etc).

i am only asking as our senco has today advised us that our early years team will not support us for administering ANY MEDICATION!!! ( they would not be my first port of call any way)

How odd, after all would they be happy to watch and not advocate action in the event of a life threatening accident/occurence? :oxD:(

What is the world coming to...use your instinct, follow the Ofsted guidance (I think the new FS has a well put area on this) and act as you feel confident. :(

Only administer asthma pump or epipen pen.....children are normally only with us for 2 1/2 hours unless they stay for lunch or all day....on these occasions parents are invited to come in to give medicine or a letter of consent for another family member or friend to come in and administer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)