Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Confilct In The Team

Hello all

I am new to this site and i am in need of a copy of a policy for conflict in the team as i need to put it into pratice in my setting, does any one have one that i could have a look at so i know where to start with it?

thanks for your help

zara :D

Just something about how issues within the team can be dealt with. I have a problem with an assistant who has ideas above her station so it would be good to have something to refer to. She used to tell me what I could and couldn't do- i am the teacher,but she's friends with the dep head and the other powers that be- so thats as good as being in charge of the nursery.(in her opinion)

I have had to establish a whole load of policies just for her benefit- so one more won't hurt! :o

I have not heard of a policy which deals with this specifically. xD In my setting we have a grievance procedure and whistle blowing policy. But it seems to me that what you're talking about is some sort of clarification of the roles and responsibilities of each member of staff. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :o

I think it's better to view the whole staff relationship issue positively, rather than writing a conflict policy. Something along the lines of "How we make our team work". I'd include everyone's role (in detail if necessary!!), how everyone's roles integrate with all the others, facilities for meetings (planning meetings, provision meetings, meetings solely to discuss the children, half-termly chats about anything that has come up, or management meetings), and then, maybe, a final section about conflicts and what the procedures are for dealing with them. Again, emphasizing the hierarchy and who has the final say!

Leo, I can only empathise.

I too have been in this sort of situation and the suppport was not where it should have been and the whole thing blew up out of all proportion.

Tread carefully, please.

:oxD:D:D:D:D

The powers in school have been on head teaching training for the Foundation stage and now know what I have been wittering on about for the last 2 years- since I started work in the setting. They have been to see a foundation stage classroom that has been set up and have finaly realised that there is more to it than chidlren 'playing'.

The whole team- nursery staff inc had a meeting and I have been asked to write up a Nursery plan for the school inprovemnt plan- including staff training and time for planning and feedback etc. Finally I have been acknowledged and my sxupport staff- hopefully knows and realises I'm in charge.

:(:( Watch this space for more improvemnts within the unit.

PS they have ack that support staff and TA need Foundation stage training as well which has beeen a big sticking point upto now.

So being BOLSHIE had a result :(

yes, thank you helen for the good advice. I will be writing up this policy as well.

Has anyone else in the state nursery system have policies of their own. I found had to write policies becuase many of the whole school ones were not relevant and since we on in our own premeises, we had more things to look out for- like the closing of the gate, handing over of chidlren,and the MAIN one- nappy and soiled clothes changin policy. etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)