Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Favourite Places

please please can anyone help me. I have aol broadband. today I have turned on my computer and all my favourite places have disappeared including fsf. what can I do to get them back?

All the really useful sites i have picked up from using this forum were listed and now they have gone. :o

thank you belle. I have tried that. they gave me instructions to follow but it didn't work. I am getting cross now as I had so many sites that I need for reference. :o

Can you go to a restore point?

Programmes>system tools>system restore.

Your PC will have set restore dates which show on a calendar.Select a date prior to the last one.

I've had some problems in the past week following a MSN automatic update so maybe thats causing glitches.

yes Belle, all gone. contacted cust services, will have a reply in 24 hours! nothing has changed as far as I know. I have tried turning it on and off several times, tried their advice, but nothing. what can I do? :o

Thats strange, beause I have AOLbroadband and I spent 3 hours today rewriting my ops plan (standard 6 safety) all of a sudden it disapeared

I thought, it will be OK, as computor is set to save every 5 mins. No, its all gone. My husband is going to system restore tomorrow Thats the earlist date it gives us

Try that, as Biccy suggests Jessica

I vaguely remember this happening to someone else on the Forum - try doing a search of posts and see what turns up. Can't remember for the life of me how it was resolved - but I'm sure normal service was resumed...

Maz

thank you to all of you who have replied to my post. I got so cross last night i had to turn my computer off for good after turning it on and off in hope they would come back.

went on live chat with someone from AOL and what a load of help they were=NOT :o

quote :it was a pleasure assisting you. thank you for calling in and enjoy the rest of your day !!!!!he didn't help me. xD

aol opens at 8am will try again later.

just tried to restore my system - went back to december 3rd in hope that it would help- still not there.

I really don't know what has happened, wish I had printed them off for future reference, maybe you should do it now if you run on AOL to save any misery later on.

Hi

I have just had a look on my AOL

if you click on AOL help, then click on favourite places, then click on My favourite places are missing. It has a list of things to try to get them back and where they may be/gone Any help?

thank you Rosina. tried that several times and been on to on line help again, she gave me the same instructions as the chap last night. I give up and think I am going to change internet provider now as this is the second time they have been of no help when we had a problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)