Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The New Els

Hi, this is my first time to start a post, so I hope I have got it all in the right place. I was just wondering, now that the new Letters and Sound Document has come in and jumbled eveything up how does the ELS assessments fit? Are they bringing out a new ELS and if so were can I get hold of a copy? I was just wondering because my TA (who is very experienced in ELS) asked me about assessing the year 1's ready to start after Christmas. When we looked at the assessments we don't cover some of the words till phase 5 now. Sorry to bother, JO

I'm not completely sure as I just teach reception, but I'm sure the year 1 teacher at my school said something the other day about a training course to do with ELS in January. I don't know if there is a new ELS document but suppose the training might shed some light!

Sorry I have been no help what so ever!

Hi,

Typical DFES documents come out and never update everything else at the dame time! Take EYFS and eprofile etc!

I do know, but only because Literacy co-ordinator that there is a new ELS coming out in oght of the new framework and letters and sounds. I think it is due out in January, not sure when exactly. I am on a course next week so will let you know.

Hope this helps.

Vikkim

I'm not completely sure as I just teach reception, but I'm sure the year 1 teacher at my school said something the other day about a training course to do with ELS in January. I don't know if there is a new ELS document but suppose the training might shed some light!

Sorry I have been no help what so ever!

Thank you for all you help. I have not checked with the LEA yet so I will and i will let you know. Thanks again, this site is soooo good. Jo

The revised ELS is due to be given to LEA'S at the end of December. It has a revised screening process that takes into account the letters and sounds document and is in flow chart form making screening quicker and easier. It also looks at the child's overall point score from the FSP. I am picking up a copy of the document from my LEA on the 20th Dec. I will post back with more news then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)